[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app PIL recipe

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 24 23:08:26 CET 2009

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

>> No harm in having both ways, though.
>
> I'm not 100% sure about that though, users may now end up with two copies of PIL unless they remove the .pth file as well. That wouldn't be a disaster, but I'd prefer to avoid that.

hmm -- I suppose we should check that. I agree that it's probably not a
good idea to have the contents of the package also in sys.path, but
that's how PIL is installed now. It seems that users could have it
imported in two different ways in their own code, regardless of how
py2app imports it.

I guess the question is whether modulegraph is smart enough to realize
that they are the same thing!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov