[Pythonmac-SIG] py-appscript 0.20.3

hengist.podd e-mail hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed Nov 25 11:24:51 CET 2009

Ned Deily wrote:

>> If any appscript users
>> here are willing to give it a workout (Python 2.3-3.1.1, 10.4-10.6, 32-bit
>> PPC/i386, x86-64) and let me know if everything's okay or if any issues are
>> still outstanding, I'd really appreciate it.
>
> I just had time to run a few quick install and trivial functional test
> (with iTunes and Safari).

> The "outliers" seemed to work OK:
> [...]
> However, attempts on a 10.5.8 PPC (G4) failed with
> [...]
> aem.ae.MacOSError: -1700

OK, 10.5 seems to pack return IDs as typeSInt32 rather than
typeSInt16. Shouldn't matter, except that there isn't a
SInt32-to-SInt16 coercion handler installed so AEGetAttributePtr fails
when I try to extract the newly created AppleEvent's return ID. I've
tweaked it (rev 693) to retrieve the return ID as SInt32, which seems
to work on both 10.6 and 10.5; could you please retest on all
platforms and let me know if that does the trick. (Also, if you see
any system flipper warnings, let me know; I've been trying to squash
those as well.)

Once I'm reasonably sure nothing's broken, I'll push it onto PyPI and
cross fingers I can call it 1.0.0 by Christmas unless anyone can see
anything else that needs done.

Many thanks,

has