[Pythonmac-SIG] py-appscript 0.20.3, 0.21.0 and impending 1.0.0 release (Re: py-appscript 0.20.3)

hengist.podd e-mail hengist.podd at virgin.net
Fri Nov 27 18:45:10 CET 2009

Ned Deily wrote:

> With the updates to ae.c, 10.5 now seems to work just fine.

Great, thanks. I've tagged 0.20.3 in the repository, though haven't
done a file release just yet.

Does anyone have a 10.3.9 box they could use to confirm that 0.20.3
will work on that? I've been claiming 10.3.9 as baseline OS support
for a few years now, but to be honest I've not tested it on anything
below 10.4 for some time now.

(I'm semi-tempted just to ignore the 10.3.9 compatibility issue
until/unless an irate 10.3.9 brings it up, but it would be reassuring
to know that 0.20.3 does support it okay so I can close out the 0.20.x
series.)

One more thing: I've chucked a preliminary 0.21.0 into the svn trunk.

A couple of outstanding issues/omissions have been frustrating me
recently, namely the annoying bouncing Dock icon and the inability to
control multiple instances of the same app, so I've finally dealt with
those. (Yay!) I've also fixed a couple of bugs I found after tagging
0.20.3 and removed some deprecated APIs in the run-up to 1.0.0.

I'm also hoping I've squashed all remaining bugs in 10.6 and 64-bit
support, plus any other code and documentation defects that have made
it this far, but chances are there are things I've missed. I'd like to
push out a release next week, so if folks could go beat on the trunk
over the weekend (both code and documentation) that may help to pick
up any remaining issues.

Once 0.21.0 is released, no new features will be added, so if there's
any geegaws I've previously promised and forgotten about then please
let me know in the next couple days. Assuming no bugs are reported for
0.21.0 then appscript will go 1.0.0 at the end of the year, so please
do what you can in the next month to save me the embarrassment of a
1.0.1 release in January. :)

Many thanks,

has