[Pythonmac-SIG] Command line imports module but built *.app complains No module yaml

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:21:28 CEST 2009

Thanks Chris Barker for your reply.

I got the py2app build to work. Here is what I did

1)  I made sure that my pythonpath was not setup .
2)  I also explicitly added the #!/usr/bin/python to all my py files.

3) Then I ran the --make-setup by explicitly calling the
/usr/loca/bin/py2applet
 So I used

 /usr/local/bin/py2applet --make-setup
--iconfile="./gzilla_ico_fin.icns" --packages="wx,reportlab,yaml"
--prefer-ppc  GridZilla.py

4 ) I get the following setup.py (pasted below) .

5) I then ran
/usr/bin/python setup.py py2app

 That got me a *.app which imports the module and behaves correctly.

 I have not yet tested the app on a PPC machine but I am imagining it will work.

Thanks for your help
Hari Jayaram

**************setup.py *************

"""
This is a setup.py script generated by py2applet

Usage:
    python setup.py py2app
"""

from setuptools import setup