[Pythonmac-SIG] Build python app using wxpython on intel-leopard and deploy on powerpc-tiger?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Oct 6 20:41:37 CEST 2009

In article <nad-B010AE.11274006102009 at ger.gmane.org>,
 Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
> That python (/usr/local/bin/python2.5) will work on both Tiger and
> Leopard.  Reinstall your dependent packages (setuptools, py2app, wx,
> reportlab, yaml) with that python.

I should add that you need to make sure all the executables are targeted
for 10.4.  To do that, ensure that the 10.4u SDK is installed from Xcode
and add:
  export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
to your shell sessions before building anything.  Python distutils
should do this for automatically (at least it does for python 2.6) but
you may need to tweak configure scripts etc if any dependencies are not
being built by the equivalent of a python setup.py (or easy_install).
Good luck!

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org