[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app/64-bit/Mach-O Headers

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Oct 7 01:27:38 CEST 2009

Hi Ronald,

Some additional testing:

1. I also tested macho_standalone against a standalone build of Wish
with 64-bit included. I get this output:

/usr/bin/strip: for architecture ppc64 object:
/Users/kevin/Desktop/Wish.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk
malformed object (load command 3 cmdsize not a multiple of 8)
/usr/bin/strip: for architecture ppc64 object:
/Users/kevin/Desktop/Wish.app/Contents/MacOS/Wish malformed object (load
command 10 cmdsize not a multiple of 8)
Macintosh:~ kevin$

The major difference between what you built and what I'm building is
that I am also supporting 64-bit PPC, while you are only supporting
three architectures (x86, ppc and x86-64). Not sure if the above is
relevant or not.

2. After a great deal of hackery and some install_name_tool, I actually
got a working build of my app with bundlebuilder (!). However, it
appears to work only with the 32-bit version of Python. (A four-way
build of Python produces two binaries, python-32 and python-64). I know
this is not a long-term solution, but at least it gets me working in the
near term.

If you're able to do a bit more testing with macholib, let me know what
you come up with. I've not been able to get a working build of my app
with py2app.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer