[Pythonmac-SIG] Build python app using wxpython on intel-leopard and deploy on powerpc-tiger?

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 22:43:26 CEST 2009

Thanks Chris for your emails..

I was building using

python setup.py py2app

I was always rm -r -f 'ing build and dist directories and then running

python setup.py py2app

I even tried giving the full path to python to make absolutely sure it
was using the python i thought it was .
In every case the app bundle did end up containing the full python of
the correct version as i would expect.

SO despite doing a normal build,  there is a symlink within my
application to a python in my direcory tree.
Also the macholib version was also from the subversion tree .(
summarized on http://www.undefined.org/python/)

Maybe i need to borrow a tiger machine from someone and build the
application , because no matter which python i try 2.6.3 or 2.5.4 i
get the same linking issue with the app bundle built on leopard.
Thanks for trying things out.. I will continue tinkering.

Hari