[Pythonmac-SIG] Shortcut for IDLE on Mac OS X (LEOPARD)

Ben Golding bgg at object-craft.com.au
Thu Oct 8 01:14:49 CEST 2009

On 08/10/2009, at 07:18, Gregor Lingl wrote:

> I am able to start IDLE in this mode from a terminal,
> but thats rather cumbersome
>
> python3 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/
> python3.1/idlelib/idle.py -n

You should be able to put this in a double-clickable file by putting
that string in a file called, say, IDLE.command and then making it
executable.  Files ending in ".command" are recognised by Launch
Services as shell scripts (I believe).  That is:

	cat >IDLE.command <<!
	python3 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/
python3.1/idlelib/idle.py -n
	!
	chmod +x IDLE.command

If you double click that it should launch the app as expected.

	Ben.