[Pythonmac-SIG] Desktop shortcut for IDLE

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Wed Oct 7 21:40:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the Mac.
I have a Python 3.1.1. installation on my Macbook
and I'd like to have a shortcut on my desktop starting
IDLE with the -n switch, that is without subprocess

Under Windows I'd rightclick on the desktop, create a
new shortcut and then enter as the target:

C:\Python31\pythonw C:\Python31\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw -n
Then I have to give it a name and it's ready. (Additionally
I have the option to change the icon)

Is there a similar and similarly simple way to do this
with Mac OS X? (Leopard)

I am able to start IDLE in this mode from a terminal,
but thats rather cumbersome

python3
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/python3.1/idlelib/idle.py
-n

So Id' like to automate it. (I observed, that the IDLE entry in the
program folder
is not a simple shortcut, so I couldn't find a way to edit an alias of
it, in order
to add the -n option.)

Thanks in advance for some cool hints

Gregor