[Pythonmac-SIG] Latest Py2app bug..

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 15 03:39:54 CEST 2009

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> Is anyone interested in helping to create a testsuite for py2app?
>
> The first priority would be to have some blackbox tests, unittests can
> be added later.

good idea.

   The testcases would be simple applications with a
> setup.py and a verification script.  Testcases should focus on
> variations/libraries that people actually use (Cocoa application,
> wxWidget application, Tk application, ..., using matplotlib, ...)

I've got a few of these already -- wx and mpl at least, though no
verification scripts. I can't imagine they'd be hard to write, though.

I'm out of town and without my mac for a while. If I don't contribute
something in a few weeks, feel free to ask again.

NOTE: I'm not sure quite what to do to verify -- I can test that it
builds and runs, which would be a good start, but that wouldn't test if
it would run on another machine... it's a start in any case.

NOTE 2: I don't think the OP's problem has been addressed -- he appears
to be getting errors because the "python" in his app bundle is a ink to
  one in the system rather than a self contained copy. This despite
using python.org python. Any ideas?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov