[Pythonmac-SIG] Link against Python Framework

Georg Seifert georg.seifert at gmx.de
Wed Sep 9 14:10:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

In my Cocoa app, I link agains the Python framework to be able to call
"PyRun_SimpleString" and load bundles based on python.

If I set the Base SDK to 10.5, it runs on 10.5 and 10.6. But if I set
it to 10.6 and MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 10.5 it complains in Leopard
that it can’t find python 2.6.

Is there a my to always use the current python version (2.5 on Leopard
and 2.6 on Snow Leopard)

I link against the "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework"

Regards
Georg