[Pythonmac-SIG] size of py2app app

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Fri Sep 11 21:00:42 CEST 2009

My app changes just a little here and there between builds, and my
setup.py doesn't change at all.  Sometimes the app (using "python
setup.py py2app --strip --iconfile MyApp.icns") comes out to about 47
MB, and sometimes it comes out to I have an app that sometimes comes
out to about 95 MB.  I can't pin down anything that makes the
difference.  I know "--strip" is the default now, but putting it in or
leaving it out seems to have no effect.  What am I missing?  I'm using
py2app-0.4.2-py2.6.egg.

Charles Hartman