[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: size of py2app app

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 17 21:04:06 CEST 2009

Paul McNett wrote:
> Christopher Barker wrote:
>> I have a faint memory of finding two copies of the wxPython libs in a
>> py2app bundle once, but I don't remember why or what I did about it, but
>
> This happens when building a "Universal" app. You get the ones compiled
> for Intel, plus the ones compiled for Motorola.

no, that wasn't it. And while yes, there are two copies of each lib, one
each for PPC an Intel, they are actually put into one big file.

In my case, I had two copies, and both had both architectures.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov