[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app DistUtilsPlatformError[Sec=Unclassified]

mathew oakes mathew.oakes at aad.gov.au
Wed Sep 23 03:56:45 CEST 2009

I'm stumped on this:

When running my app that has built without errors...

> ...An unexpected error has occured during installation of the main
> script
>
> DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to
> open /Full/Path/To/App.app/Contents/Resources/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

but python in in the bundle at .../Resources/lib/ and it doesn't have a
pyconfig header

python is installed via ports at /opt/local/bin/python

Alias mode and py2exe versions work.

Help appreciated!

cheers
Mat

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/