[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript unpredictable error

Sean DiZazzo half.italian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 01:28:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using appscript to do some work in Quicktime, and it keeps erroring out
somewhat unpredictably.  I am opening and closing lots of documents in quick
succession when it happens.  It doesn't happen every time, but about 70%-80%
of the time.  When it errors, it always errors trying to make a new
document. ie. "qt.make(new=k.document)"  Quicktime will quit unexpectedly,
and after about 30 seconds I get:

OSERROR: -609
MESSAGE: Connection is invalid.
COMMAND: app(u'/Applications/QuickTime Player.app').make(new=k.document)

I have also gotten error #1708:"the AppleEvent was not handled by any
handler", but I can't seem to recreate the error.

I tried putting in a time.sleep(1), before making the new document, but it
didn't seem to help.  Any ideas?

~Sean