[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app missing import statement

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Wed Feb 10 10:48:49 CET 2010

On 9 Feb 2010, at 23:44, Barry Scott wrote:

> I've just started looking at py2app and I hit a problem with it failing to find
> an import.
>
> With a trivial program like:
>
> ---- a.py ----
> import _bemacs
> ---------------
>
> py2app does not include _bemacs. _bemacs is an extension in _bemacs.so.
> Python can import this and it all works fine.
>
> The xref output show that a.py does not import any thing.
> I can find no message in the output abnout _bemacs.
>
> Why is py2app unable to notice this import?

I made a mistake and got my PYTHONPATH wrong hence
_bemacs cannot be found.

I guess that in the face of an import that cannot be found
py2app simply ignores it. What would be useful is to have
a message saying the import cannot be found.

I realise that this can lead to false positive messages
but it would be useful to point to errors.

Barry