[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app missing import statement

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 11 19:57:10 CET 2010

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> On 10 Feb, 2010, at 18:11, Christopher Barker wrote:
>> I agree -- it really should issue a warning or something.
>
> It does print a warning, but one that's hidden in a lot of noise. Py2app currently logs everything it does, and that's mostly completely uninteresting.

Are you sure? That's what I assumed at first, but I did a test, and
couldn't find a warning anywhere. I've enclosed my test and the py2app
output. It's as simple as it gets:

#!/usr/bin/python

# this is a test of what happens when you try to use py2app when you
can't find a module

import Some_non_existant_module

print "This works!"

I don't see any mention of a problem in the output, and when you run the
resulting bundle, you get an import error, of course.

But in any case, having a less-verbose output option would be nice.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov