[Pythonmac-SIG] C Extension Scipy/Numpy

brennsuppa joe at bastarde.at
Wed Feb 24 16:28:59 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to gain performance by using C for the computation of some arrays.
To do that I used this as a help:
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/C_Extensions/NumPy_arrays

Now I want to wirte a subroutine for the calculations with several arrays.
But I don't know how to pass the arrays to the subroutine.

e.g. i have cin1, cin2, cin3, cin4 and cout

cout = do_anything(cin1, cin2, cin3, cin4)

and do_anything would be like:

double **do_anything(cin1[][n], cin2[][n], cin3[][n], cin4[][n])

for rows
for columns
add cin1,cin2,cin3,cin4
return value

this throws an error "conflicting types for do_anything"

regards,
joe