[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app problem: invalid matplotlib recipe

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 13 01:00:58 CEST 2010

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> Removing the line listed above from the recipe fixes the problem --

great.

> But it also loses the test for the presence of pytz, which may be a bad
> thing (if so, it should also test for dateutils, right?).

I don't think testing for the presence of something is py2apps job. If
you don't need it, it's OK if it' snot present, and if you do, your app
tests should catch it.

The point of this sort of recipe is to include stuff that many people
need, but which are not imported in the usual way, so py2app would
otherwise miss it.

I suspect that MPL imports pytz differently than it used to, and thus
this recipe is not longer needed.

Of course, it may still be needed for other versions of MPL, so I don't
know if we should just strip it out. But I can't remember who wrote it
when, so I don't know how old a version of MPL you need it for.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov