[Pythonmac-SIG] Built application not compatible with packaged .so files.

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 17:16:48 CEST 2010

On 26 Jul, 2010,at 04:32 PM, Tom MacWright <tom at developmentseed.org> wrote:

For reference, which Python distribution, OS, etc, are you using? I'd be perfectly happy to change any part of my setup if there's something that's known to work. As it stands, I'm using Python 2.6 from Pythonorg, Snow Leopard, and running into a ton of problems. The Python installer doesn't mess with .zshrc, so I've added the python binary dir to my path to make sure that the python executable that I'm using is that version. Is there anything else it does to ones bashrc or something else that could be involved here?

 I'm using 2.6, 2.7 and 3.2, both using custom builds and the python.org installer; I'm also trying to migrate to virtualenv (although I'll probably end up forking it to get a proper python3 port and to get rid of some annoying behaviour).

Ronald

(P.S. Sorry about any quoting issues, mobile me webmail crapped out on me)