[Pythonmac-SIG] [Image-SIG] PIL binaries -- please test

Matthias Baas matthias.baas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:07:37 CEST 2010

Christopher Barker wrote:
> great -- are any of them running 10.4?
>
> I have little time, but here is the short version:
>
> The goal is to get a PIL binary that is statically linked to all of its
> dependencies, and those dependencies are all universal (32 bit PPC and
> Intel) and linked against the 10.4 sdk (or even the 10.3 one...)
> [...]

Finally, I had some time to have a go at this. It builds fine and it
says that every component is available but when I run selftest.py it
seems that some stuff is missing:

*** PIL CORE support not installed
*** TKINTER support not installed
--- JPEG support ok
--- ZLIB (PNG/ZIP) support ok
*** FREETYPE2 support not installed
*** LITTLECMS support not installed
Running selftest:
--- 57 tests passed.

The files _imagingcms.so, _imagingft.so, _imagingtk.so are all
available, so I can't say what exactly went wrong with the test.

By the way, when linking against the static libraries I actually can't
import _imagingft manually because of a missing symbol (_FSOpenResFile).
But I also get the above output when running the test with a version
that's linked against the dynamic libraries.

So it looks like my build is not really ready for distributing.

- Matthias -