[Pythonmac-SIG] get an OS X buildbot into the "stable" set

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Jun 22 18:25:25 CEST 2010

Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tk is a foreign domain for me :(
> Beside I do participate in roundup, will increase the frequency after I get
> over with GSoC.
> I thought may be I can be of help regarding buildbots ( you mentioned
> something similar in issue 9048)

We could use faster modern Mac buildbots.  Right now, there are no Intel
buildbots running Leopard or Snow Leopard.  I'm running a couple of old
slow PPC machines as buildbots.

It doesn't take much to set up a buildbot.  Install XCode, install the
buildbot software, talk to Martin v. Loewis to get a buildbot account,
and just let it run.  You have to look at it periodically to see if
there are stuck tests etc. that have to be manually cleared.

Bill