[Pythonmac-SIG] Recommended Tcl/Tk with Py-2.6.x?

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Fri Mar 5 16:28:58 CET 2010

To follow up on my own post:

> I looked in Apple's Tcl and Tk frameworks, and the only libraries
> I find there appear to be *static* libraries (.a files that "file" indicates
> are ar archives).

What I didn't realize is that the "Tcl" and "Tk" files
in the frameworks are 3-way universal dynamic libs, even
though they don't have the .dylib suffix.

Any advice on what avenue to pursue to link against 8.4
would be appreciated.  I used to edit Modules/Setup to
build _tkinter; would this be a possible solution, or
does setup.py overrule what is in Setup if it finds
system resources?

-Tom