[Pythonmac-SIG] PyQt apps on Mac

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Tue Mar 30 17:58:55 CEST 2010

Am 2010-03-30 um 00:01 schrieb Kevin Walzer:

> I'm interested in taking a look at PyQt apps on the Mac. Problem is--
> I can't find any that are already bundled as standalone apps. Right
> now I don't have the time or inclination to build PyQt from scratch
> to test things out...are there any PyQt developers on this list who
> can post links to standalone PyQt apps wrapped with py2app that run
> on Leopard?

A short googling found this:

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/guides/2009/03/how-to-deploying-pyqt-applications-on-windows-and-mac-os-x.ars

The Eric Python IDE is built on PyQT:
http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/
Here's a blog post about installing it on Leopard:
http://works13.com/blog/mac/installing-eric4-on-mac-os-x-leopard.htm

Opus/UrbanSim is an open source urban development system:
http://urbansim.org/Download/MacPortsMacintoshInstallation

Here are two tools by Marc Summerfield, author of "Rapid GUI
Programming with Python and Qt":
http://www.qtrac.eu

I guess with a little bit of own research you'll easily find other
projects.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---