[Pythonmac-SIG] GTK2, Snow Leopard, py2app

pirat at ookami.cz pirat at ookami.cz
Wed Mar 31 10:59:20 CEST 2010

Hello all,

For historical reasons I have Python application for Mac with GTK gui. For
Leopard GTK was build via jhbuild and everything "works" (there's a
special shell script for running it which takes care of setting
environmental variables).

However, for Snow Leopard all my attempts failed - as soon as you start
using threads, it's impossible to quit application :) So I've tried
macports. They work, but I was unable to create working independent
package by hand - it's still missing something from /opt/local and I've
run out of ideas here. py2app creates nice package which tries to start
and fails with error 255 (I think).

Does anyone know about any reasonably small (not Gimp :) GTK apllication
running successfully on Snow Leopard? The one created with py2app would be
even better.

Thank you very much,
   Jirka Znamenacek