[Pythonmac-SIG] Error while trying to install pyobjc2.2b on SL 10.6.3

Arif Amirani arif.amirani at gmail.com
Tue May 4 21:39:10 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Recently I had to upgrade to Python 2.6.5 for an issue reported by one
of my users and as I had done in the past installed a custom install
of Python 2.6.5 (which I ship with the app). Everything went smooth
but while installing PyObjc 2.2b itself I got the following error:

ironman:temp arif$ easy_install pyobjc==2.2b2
Searching for pyobjc==2.2b2
</snip>
Running pyobjc-framework-SystemConfiguration-2.2b2/setup.py -q
bdist_egg --dist-dir
/var/folders/nw/nwn2NyaOHmKGsqzdPdzbm++++TI/-Tmp-/easy_install-yDhfjL/pyobjc-framework-SystemConfiguration-2.2b2/egg-dist-tmp-cWmDsY
<built-in>:0: warning: Mac OS X version 10.5 or later is needed for
use of the new objc abi
Modules/_manual.m: In function ‘mod_SCDynamicStoreCreate’:
Modules/_manual.m:228: error: Mac OS X version 10.5 or later is needed
for zerocost-exceptions
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

This is 10.6.3 Mac OS X Server VM running on VMWare Fusion.

Appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thanks,
Arif