[Pythonmac-SIG] Still Unable to get my Python program working on the mac

Mike smartmike1 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:24:26 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Janssen" <janssen at parc.com>
To: "Mike" <smartmike1 at gmail.com>
Cc: <pythonmac-sig at python.org>; <janssen at parc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Still Unable to get my Python program working
on the mac

> An easy way to speak stuff on the Mac from Python is
>
>   import os
>   os.system("/usr/bin/say 'hello hello hello'")
>
> Bill

Thanks, but that won't work for the amount of stuff we have to output, since
there's a lag. Also it doesn't allow for interrupt, that is, for it to stop
saying whatever it's currently saying and start speaking a new string if
that option is passed to it.

The only way I can see this working is getting pyttsx working with
ctypes...or if anyone knows of another similar package that doesn't use
PyObjC...

Mike