[Pythonmac-SIG] PIL binaries -- please test

aditya bhargava aditya at wefoundland.com
Tue May 25 22:08:51 CEST 2010

How do you determine which version of Python to build for? I'm on 10.4 and
I've got two versions of Python – python2.3 in /usr/bin/python and python2.5
in /opt/local/bin/python. python2.5 is my default (i.e. the one that shows
when I run 'which python'), but the package installer doesn't seem to
recognize it. It gives me an error saying "You cannot install PIL 1.1.7 on
this volume. PIL requires System Python 2.5 to install".

Aditya

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov>wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Much to my surprise, I had a little time to build some PIL binaries:
>

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/855965/PIL-OSX-Binaries/PIL-1.1.7-py2.5-macosx10.5.mpkg.zip
>

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/855965/PIL-OSX-Binaries/PIL-1.1.7-py2.6-macosx10.5.mpkg.zip
>
> I'd really like folks to test them on as many different systems as
> possible.
>
> You can see these are for python 2.5 or 2.6, build with and for the
> python.org python binaries. They should have all dependencies statically
> linked.
>
> I built them on OS-X 10.5 (leopard), so they may not work on 10.4 I'd love
> if someone could test and see if they do, however, I no longer have a 10.4
> system to test on.
>
> I do expect them to work on 10.5 and 10.6, PPC and Intel.
>
> Please let me know if you test, whether it worked or not, and on what
> system/python.
>
> If these work well, I think Fredrik will put them on the PIL site.
>
> Thanks,
>  -Chris
>

> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
>
> Chris.Barker at noaa.gov

wefoundland.com