[Pythonmac-SIG] os.getcwd() returns lower case current working directory

Klaasmer klaasmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:11:36 CET 2010

Hi there,

when I call os.getcwd() on my Mac under OS X 10.6.4 from my home directory, the path is converted to lowercase. I get

/users/myusername

instead of

/Users/myusername

On another Mac I get the correct uppercase string. How can I configure this? Is there a (hidden) Python setting?

Reason for asking: On OS X all user directories are in "/Users". This is always uppercase. When using Mercurial, it gets sometimes confused with this strange and incorrect normalization of my current directory.

Best regards,
Klaas.