[Pythonmac-SIG] Amateur question about modules

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 4 18:02:10 CET 2010

On 11/3/10 3:30 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:
>> So, how can I correctly import this module?
>> And where should I put it, so Python can find it.

> TkSnack is a Tkinter wrapper for the Snack sound library. You'll need to
> install TkSnack in your site-packages path and Snack in a place where
> Tkinter can find it like /Library/Tcl. Google can direct you to download
> sites.

Chances are, TkSnack will come as an egg which you can easy_install, or
a with a setup.py that will isntall it to the right place for you:

python setup.py install

Just make sure "python" runs the python you think it does.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov