[Pythonmac-SIG] [Python-Dev] sad state of OS X Python testing...

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 5 21:21:27 CEST 2010

> I have a fairly recent MacPro on Snow Leopard, which I
> keep consistently up to date and its connected all the time. It has more
> capacity then I can really find use for.
>
> If its still needed, I can set up buildbot to run on it today.

That would be nice.

> Is it all
> pull/poll oriented, or does the slave need to be connected to by the
> master?

It uses Perspective Broker, if that's of any help. The slave creates
an outgoing TCP connection (which should be kept up all the time),
but the master pushes commands over that connection, no polling.

> IIUC, I just need a name/password to tell buildbot to connect to, right?

Correct. However, I wouldn't want to create that unless you had all the
software in place already - else I find myself often waiting for some
time, then removing the slave again.

Regards,
Martin