[Pythonmac-SIG] bdist_mpkg issues

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Tue Sep 14 22:51:05 CEST 2010

In article <rowen-F3834D.12565414092010 at news.gmane.org>,
 "Russell E. Owen" <rowen at uw.edu> wrote:

> I'm having some surprising issues with bdist_mpkg and I wondered if
> anyone had advice.

> Problem building a matplotlib 1.0.0 installer for Mac OS X 10.3.9 and
> later:
> * The Python 2.6 version has incorrect permissions for some data files.
> I know how to work around this but am puzzled why it is necessary.
> * The Python 2.5 version has no permission problems.

I tracked this down to having an older version of some dependencies of
bdist_mpkg in my Python 2.5. I upgraded to the latest py2app and now
both Python 2.5 and Python 2.6 show the problem with files that users
can't read:

build/lib.macosx-10.4-fat-2.5/matplotlib/mpl-data//images:
total 520
-rw-------  1 rowen  staff   1465 Jul  6 07:43 back.png
-rw-------  1 rowen  staff   1741 Jul  6 07:43 back.ppm
-rwx------  1 rowen  staff   3064 Jul  6 07:43 back.svg