[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie MacPython 3.1 question: installing Tweepy

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sun Sep 19 17:00:01 CEST 2010

In article <4C937159.7070704 at segovis.com>,
 "hello at segovis.com" <hello at segovis.com> wrote:
>  Newbie question:
>
> I am new to python (and programming in general) and have begun working
> with python 3.1.2 on my Mac.  I used the DMG installer available on
> python.org, and have been able to write, and run, python code
> successfully.  Currently, I am trying to install the tweepy-1.7 library
> to work with the python 3.1.2 install.  I have installed tweepy on my
> Mac and have the library running successfully with the default python
> 2.6 install.  Can someone provide advice as to how to link my python
> 3.1.2 with the tweepy library?  I have tried setup.py with python 3.1.2,
> but this function is not available.

A similar question came up recently on Stackoverflow.  At the time, as
far as I could tell there was no evidence that tweety from
http://github.com/joshthecoder/tweepy had been converted to run under
Python 3, despite the mention of "python 3" in its short description.  I
just tried it again and even tried to run 2to3 on it.  It looks like it
still needs attention for Python 3.  You might want to open an issue
there on github.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org