[Pythonmac-SIG] Simple PyObjC question: real or vapor?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 6 18:15:20 CEST 2011

just one more note:

On 4/3/11 10:24 PM, Temescal wrote:
>   I tried a variation on the PyObjC command:
> "$easy_install pyobjc"
> which runs, giving a plethora of errors, and installs various eggs in
> /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages,
> this despite "$which python" offers up python 2.7 as the default python.

you need "$which easy_install" to make sure you are running the right
easy-install.

It's possible you have not installed setuptools properly (or at all) in
your python2.7

Don't know anythign about pyObjC, sorry.

wxPython is a pretty good option, though. Probably not as good as pyObjC
for Mac-only stuff, but it's great for multi platform development, and
does work quite well on OS-X.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov