[Pythonmac-SIG] Simple PyObjC question: real or vapor?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Apr 6 22:33:36 CEST 2011

On 6 Apr, 2011, at 18:15, Christopher Barker wrote:

> wxPython is a pretty good option, though. Probably not as good as pyObjC for Mac-only stuff, but it's great for multi platform development, and does work quite well on OS-X.

I don't agree with your opionion on wxPython, last time I checked it sucked for cross platform development because code doesn't always work the same way on different platforms (one example I remember from the last time I fought with wxWidgets is the background color of text entry fields, changing that on Windows is easy enough but the same code doesn't work on OSX).

I must admit that I haven't worked with the OSX version of wx for a couple of years though, because of x-platform issues I switched to running a Windows VM whenever I need to write GUI code that might need to run on Windows.

But at least wxWidgets isn't Tk, the OSX port of Tk seems to get worse over time :-(. We've moved from IDLE not looking quite right to IDLE just crashing with TkCocoa (for example when using a number of keyboard shortcuts).

Ronald