[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app improperly using system framework

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Apr 7 10:20:55 CEST 2011

On 6 Apr, 2011, at 23:18, Nat Echols wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> Could you try the latest release on PyPI?  This is just to check if that version also has the problem you describe, which I haven't seen before even though I have a number of versions installed on my machine.
>
> Actually, I finally fixed the problem by re-installing everything I needed from scratch in /usr/local and using that copy, so I guess I must have done something wrong along the way with my original install.  For the record, the configure flags for Python were:
>
> ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local
>
> Is this appropriate, and/or am I missing anything?

That should work just fine. The --prefix is unnecessary here as /usr/local is the default prefix.

One minor nit is that I tend avoid to install anything in /usr/local because /usr/local is on the default search path of the compiler, which means you can accidently pick up other libraries than you expect if you install stuff in /usr/local.

Ronald