[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app wierdness

Daniel Rogers daniel at phasevelocity.org
Tue Apr 12 06:32:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I installed py2app with easy_install, using the system python on Mac OS X.
Now when I try to build a .app that needs additional data directories,
those additional data directories are not being copied to the application
bundle.

For example,  I have a directory "fonts"

Regardless of if I add ['fonts'] as the value of "data_files" in the call
to setup.py, or add 'fonts' as the value of 'resources' in the OPTIONS
dict, "fonts" is not being copied to Contents/Resources and my application
fails to startup correctly.  If I copy the directory to the resources path
my hand the application will start normally.

Does the "data_files" option supposed work?  For all that I can tell, it
doesn't work for the 'pygame' example either.

--
Daniel