[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling xib files with py2app

Orien Madgwick orien.madgwick at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 00:17:44 CEST 2011

I'm having difficulty compiling xib files when packaging a python
application with py2app 0.6.2. I haven't been able to find any
documentation on how this should work but my expectation is that if I
declare the xib file in the data_files section of my setup.py then it
should be converted to a nib file and included in the application
package. Is this a correct expectation? The behaviour I'm seeing is
the xib file is simply copied to the application package without
processing. Any help on the correct way to approach this would be great.