[Pythonmac-SIG] Python development on OSX

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 05:02:58 CET 2011

>>Using fink and MacPorts help integration with many linux type apps
> (particularly helpful for scientific programming) whilst the native,
> Framework builds are better >>for native looking Macintosh apps - and the
> Apple bundled python is obviously native.
>
> >>This is a simple summary, and there are 101 more differences between all
> the builds - but I think the first decision you'll want to make is whether
> to go the Linux >>route, or go 'native' ;-)

Since I don't have any other specific needs at the moment other than
developing wxPython apps, I think I'd better go native, since wx attempts to
make the widgets look native.

Well, that's a good start, but I probably need to uninstall Macports, so I
can get wxPython installed to a working state.
And- I want to update the default python that came om my macbook pro to 2.7.
Should I do install that from Python.org?