[Pythonmac-SIG] Lion

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Jul 21 09:15:28 CEST 2011

On 21 Jul, 2011, at 1:28, Dan Ross wrote:

> Installing python.org's framework should work shouldn't it?
>
> On Jul 20, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:
>
>> Dan Ross <dan at rosspixelworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have reports of Pythons on Lion?
>>
>> It's Python 2.7.1 pre-installed in /System/Library, but I don't know
>> about PyObjC or Twisted.

There is a PyObjC in Lion, to be honest I haven't checked if it is fully functional.

There are some small issues with PyObjC's testsuite on Lion, which I've mostly fixed in my tree.   I haven't started generating bindings for new Lion APIs yet, mostly because the tool I use to generate these is broken and I haven't finished its replacement yet.

BTW. I've moved the PyObjC repository bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/pyobjc). That version is not fully functional at the moment: I'm switching from the ".bridgesupport" files used in earlier releases to a version that compiles these into python datastructures. Not all frameworks have been moved over at this point, the most important missing ones are the Quartz and WebKit bindings.