[Pythonmac-SIG] Python for Tiger PPC I found your wonderful page at <http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html> that has numpy and PIL for Tiger, which I can't find anywhere else, but I'm trying to run pymapper <http://pymapper.com>, which requires Python 2.6 or later (but not Python 3). Do these binaries exist anywhere? Or am I stuck trying to figure out how to build them? Thanks! Jim

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 25 19:12:20 CEST 2011

Jim Syler wrote:
> I found a wonderful page
> at <http://pythonmac.org/packages/py25-fat/index.html> that has numpy
> and PIL for Tiger, which I can't find anywhere else,

As you've notices, that repository hasn't been maintained for years --
to bad.

However, one reason it hasn't is that many package maintainers are
providing binaries for OS-X themselves. You should be able to get numpy
from the numpy site.

As for PIL -- various folks have made OS-X binaries, and despite
expressed interest, somehow they have never gotten put up on the PIL site.

Most recently Russel Owen (on this list) has built PIL binaries and
posted them on a site of his -- it's not a very public site, but some
googling (or searching this and/or the PIL list) should find it.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov