[Pythonmac-SIG] TZ and Plone.

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Jun 13 18:35:20 CEST 2011

William,

> Essentially, because I'm in Kathmandu, Nepal right now (and will be
> for the next few years on a research project), timezone support
> doesn't work right so eventually, Plone becomes confused when it tries
> to make a new site. The root of the problem seems to be way back down
> at the Unix-level implementation of timezone support. Nepal is often a
> difficult case as its TZ is set at GMT+4:45 or GMT+5:45 depending on
> the time of year.

I'm not sure why you think this is a Unix-level thing?  It appears to be
a Zope issue, from the bug reports you pointed us to.

So, I'd suggest the Zope bug-tracker (DateTime.DateTime.toZone is a Zope
thing) as a good place to agitate for a fix.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope/?field.searchtext=DateTime

It looks to me as if variants of this bug have plagued Zope since 2002.

Bill