[Pythonmac-SIG] Extension module compile fail, due to isysroot param pointing to sdk without certain headers. Any tips?

Irmen de Jong irmen at xs4all.nl
Thu May 5 20:17:07 CEST 2011

On 05-05-11 12:50, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 5 May, 2011, at 12:19, David Brooks wrote:
>

>> Aha, the problem is because "./usr/local" in the SDK **does not**
>> symlink to the system "/usr/local". Instead "./usr/local/lib" is
>> symlinked to "/usr/local/lib, and there is no corresponding symlink
>> to "/usr/local/include".
>
> Oops...  I don't understand why I didn't notice this myself.  I've
> filed issue #9388597 for this in Apple's tracker.   If you have a
> developer account you can file an issue about this as well, the
> amount of developers that report the same bug affects how soon Apple
> will actually address the issue (if ever).
>
> Ronald

Odd. This is the case in all SDKs that are installed on my macs.
(10.4 and 10.5 on the one with OS X 10.5, and 10.5 and 10.6 on the one
with OSX 10.6).

I find it weird that they take the effort to symlink /usr/local/lib and
not /usr/local/include, but is it really a bug when all 4 SDK
installations have the same problem? I would say yes, but can't imagine
someone else hasn't tripped over this before... :)

A little bit of googling doesn't find anything particularly interesting,
apart from this thread itself, and the following page:
http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx/notes/universal64

They suggest adding a symlink yourself. I might do just that.
(and add a bug in Apple's tracker).

Anyway thanks for the help on this. I've learned something new :)

Irmen de Jong