[Pythonmac-SIG] [py2app] - error: argv-emulation is not supported for 64-bit executables

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:15:55 CEST 2011

This seems to be a rather FAsked question, based on googling that
error string. Not FAnswered, however, altho it is probably relevant
that on this list in August, Ronald Oussoren wrote, "The py2app
repository contains a version of the argv emulator that works in
64-bit mode. I have to rebuild the executable stubs on a 10.6 system
with Xcode 3 before I can release that version, that should hopefully
happen later this week."

I am trying to package a PyQt4 app on snow leopard. There would seem
to be no way around needing argv emulation, as a QApplication is
necessary and it requires sys.argv.

I am using what should be the latest py2app (0.6.3), installed today.
I tried  arch -i386 python setup.py py2app but the same error message
appeared.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.