[Pythonmac-SIG] Python completion in emacs fails on OSX

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Apr 17 09:56:20 CEST 2012

In article <87ehrn80aj.fsf at gmail.com>, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems the python interpreter built by Apple doesn't behave like the
> ones built from upstream.
>
> See this:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10295#19
>
> Any idea what's happened to python from apple?

Off the top of my head, I suspect the most likely cause to be that the
Apple system pythons are built with the BSD editline library rather than
with GNU readline.  You could try installing the third-party "readline"
package which replaces the Python standard library "readline" module
with one linked with GNU readline.

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/readline

--
 Ned Deily,