[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: distutils and stdarg.h

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 9 22:30:11 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
>> 1) I thought distutils took care of calling the "right" compliler to
>> match what pyotn had been built with. I guess not.
>
> Distutils *does* try to call the right CC compiler (that is, the
> compiler the Python itself was built with), unless the
> module/package/distribution's setup.py overrides it.

it's possible that that's what's happening -- as I said, this is an
ugly complicated mess.

>  If it is using C++
> code, though, you may have to override that yourself since Python itself
> does not contain any C++ code and I don't think there is any special
> code in Distutils to override C++ stuff.

That could be it, too.

>> 2) how do I use 4.01. with distutils?
>
> For the any C++ modules, you may need to override the C++ compiler
> choice by using a CXX environment variable.

OK -- I'll try that.

> What OS version are you trying this on, BTW?

10.6.8 Intel Corei7

I'll le tyou know how it works out when a get a chance.

Thanks for your ideas.

Any of you going to PyCon this year?

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov