[Pythonmac-SIG] PyQT on Lion?

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Jul 10 19:37:15 CEST 2012

Am 10.07.2012, 18:04 Uhr, schrieb Arana Fireheart <aranafireheart at mac.com>:

> Hi,
> 	I have been trying to build a version of Python and PyQT for some time
> now on my iMac (Core 2 Duo) running 10.7.4
> 	I have not been able to get any configuration(s) to work properly. I am
> currently trying to build in a virtual environment using homebrew.
> 	I have two problems that I can not seem to resolve. First I can not
> seem to be able to figure out how to get pyserial to install properly.
> Also once if I try to comment out the import serial line, I'm told that
> python can't find PyQT. Any ideas? This is about the fourth build I have
> tried, and I can't seem to ever get ALL of the pieces to work on my mac
> (I've build successfully in Ubuntu, running under Paralells)

I think the virtualenv might be a challenge. PyQT works fine on Lion and
it did on Snow Leopard. I know you're using Homebrew but you might want to
try using the MacPorts version because it will install the binary and save
you a heck of a build time. I use it to build LinkChecker on Mac OS.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director