[Pythonmac-SIG] Help with Py2app

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed May 2 10:43:22 CEST 2012

Am 30.04.2012, 23:16 Uhr, schrieb Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov>:

> (dont' forget to include pythonmac-sig -- it's not doen with a standard
> reply.)

Sorry, I forgot.

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Charlie Clark
> <charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
>
>>> That's a setuptools (or distribute) feature, and should be in the
>>> primary setup.py that the main developer uses on other platforms.
>>
>> Well, where should it go in the existing setup.py? I just tried it in
>> the
>> args but no joy.
> it goes in "requires" somwhere -- check the setuptools docs.

Will they work for the existing setup.py? AFAIK it's not really using
setuptools.

Need to find out where they go to add dependencies for Sphinx for the docs
(spent much of yesterday reworking the man2html page to get it work with
Sphinx) and Nose for testing (currently hardwired to /usr/local/share in
the Makefile).

>>> yup -- a dmg is easy, a one liner, something like:
>>> /usr/bin/hdiutil create -srcfolder dist -volname "Name_of_the_volume"
>>> -ov "The_name_of_the_file"
>>> there is bdist.mpkg, but I think that's only for python packages, not
>>> app bundles.
>>

>> Can I add that to my build script?
> you can use an os.system callina python script, but I usually jsut run
> it separately.
>
>> I'm now getting the same error as when running the original setup.py
>>
>>    raise TypeError("Don't know how to handle '%s'" % repr(src))
>> TypeError: Don't know how to handle
>> ''/Users/charlieclark/Sites/LinkChecker/linkchecker-gui''
> what is link-checker-gui ?

It's the GUI wrapper for the command-line tool.

> from that error, it looks like neither a module (clearly not - it's
> not called *.py) or a package (would be a directory).

linkchecker and linkchecker-gui are Python files blessed with executable
bits and stripped of their extensions.

> Also, it's in your home dir -- so why is it getting found by modulegraph?

That's my virtualenv.

>> At least I've got it pointing at the right script. So it can't resolve
>> the dependencies?

> that looks like something else than not finding a dependency.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director