[Pythonmac-SIG] (PyQt and py2app) Gui starts in IDLE but not as app ...

Jonathan Kossick j.kossick at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 14:28:31 CEST 2012

Hello, my problem is kind of weird.
As long as I run my PyQt application in IDLE everything works great but
when I build an app by using py2app the gui doesn' t start.
I already did a little bit debugging but apparently the application crashes
when I want do show the gui (main.show()). The application just stops and
there is no useful message ...

If i make a really short application which just starts the gui then
everything works fine. My application is really big wherefore I dont know
where to search the problem first. Why does the problem just appeal if I
build the app and not if i start it in IDLE? Where can I start to search
the problem?

Any ideas? Unfortunately I cant give more informations ...