[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE Crashes when Prefs are accessed on Python 3.3 on OSX 10.8.2

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Oct 8 23:23:20 CEST 2012

On 10/8/12 4:22 PM, Ned Deily wrote:
> It has not been fixed yet.

Is this statement based on a fresh checkout of the core-8-5-branch from
http://core.tcl.tk/tk? Because my build of 8.5 dates from about a week
ago, and the preferences menu issue is fixed.

What I said before holds: the fix is now in the source tree, but
ActiveState has not yet released an updated build of ActiveTcl to
include the fix. The OP can certainly download and build the Tcl/Tk
sources himself to get the fix; I agree that an alternative workaround
would be to revert to an older build of ActiveTcl, assuming it's still
available.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer